If you feel that you are experiencing violence, conflict, or tension in your relationship or if allegations have been made against you, do not hesitate to get in touch with a domestic violence lawyer for caring, practical advice on your situation.
Domestic violence and family violence is quite broadly defined and can involve:
- Emotional, physical and economic abuse;
- Threatening behaviour; or
- Damage to a person’s property.
We provide assistance in the following areas:
- Applying for and responding to a family violence protection order;
- Varying the terms of an existing family violence protection order;
- Registering an interstate protection order.
- Making an application for a family violence order
- Varying an existing family violence order
- Defending a family violence order
- Appearing at interim and final hearings for family violence orders
Domestic Violence in Relationships
In relationships where domestic violence and family violence occurs, it is often the case that other family law matters will also need to be resolved, for example making parenting arrangements for any children of the relationship. Our team of friendly and experienced staff can assist in these areas alongside any domestic violence issues.
We can provide you with support and encouragement through our Client Care Program. We will work with you to find the best solution for your family to ensure that both your interests and your safety are being protected.
We understand that domestic violence and family violence is a traumatic and sensitive area of the law and that each case is unique with urgent action often needed. A New Way domestic violence lawyer is ready to help. Call us today for a free consult.